Gynaecology. Our approach leads to very high levels of patient reassurance and satisfaction.
Ms Karen Joash’s notable qualities are empathy, communication and personal approach to her patients. Her aim is to help women achieve the type of delivery which is tailored to their wants and needs. With her holistic approach and knowledge of both low risk and high-risk conditions she is able to provide this for all women.
Scope of Practice:
- General gynaecological problems;
- Abnormal bleeding;
- Inter-menstrual bleeding;
- Heavy bleeding (Menorrhagia);
- Post – menopausal bleeding;
- Abdominal Pain;
- Pelvic pain;
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS);
- Ovarian Cysts;
- Cervical smear abnormalities;
- CIN (Pre-cancer);
- Laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery;
- Hysterectomy (open, vaginal and keyhole / laparoscopic);
- Endometrial Biopsy;
- Pelvic Floor Repair;
- Screening/Family History (for patients with a family history of breast, bowel or ovarian cancer);
- Investigation, treatment and management of gynaecological cancer;
I aim to provide the highest standards of care, offering a personal and individual service to enable all patient’s concerns and worries to be addressed. Reassuring patients as quickly as possible about the underling nature of their problems is a key goal of my service. This approach leads to very high levels of patient satisfaction -Ms Karen Joash.
Specialty & Clinical Interests
Dr Karen Joash is a passionate innovator, dedicated to providing and developing the best service for patients and helping mothers have the their desired birth experience. She has outstanding clinical leadership skills with a track record in leading change and progression.
- Team player and leader in enhancing systems.
- Experienced in running High Risk Labour Ward, Obstetrics and Maternal Medicine service.
- In depth knowledge of the perinatal psychiatric pathway and management of patients. Obstetric guidelines lead with involvement in CNST.
- Major Gynaecological operating skills.
- Skilled in ambulatory gynaecology including outpatient hysteroscopy, early pregnancy and emergency gynaecological scanning.
- Educator and North West Thames Specialty Lead and Programme Director at Imperial Lead Provider, overseeing training in 7 hospitals.
- Experience in Quality visits with Shared services (formerly known as the London deanery) to look at patient safety and quality of education
- More than 10 years of experience
- Director of Medical Education at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust (August 2015 – present)
- Consultant in obstetrics and gynaecology at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust (April 2014 – present)
- Consultant in obstetrics and gynaecology at The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (April 2011 – April 2014)
Education & Medical Training
- The Open University Postgraduate certificate, Healthcare leadership, Merit (2014 – 2015)
- Stanmore business college Leadership and management (2010 – 2010)
- Imperial College London Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), Medicine (1996 – 2001)
- Brunel University Master of Science (MS), Medical biochemistry (1994 – 1995)
- King’s College London, U. of London Bachelor of Science (BS), Biochemistry (1991 – 1994)
Personal Contact & Clinical Information
ObsGynae Healthcare UK, 8 Second Cross, Twickenham TW2 5RF, United Kingdom
+44 203 291 1981
+44 203 291 1981