Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Saturday 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Dr Karen Joash
Dr Karen Joash is an obstetrician and gynaecologist who is passionate about delivering high quality care to all women. She has been working in obstetrics and gynaecology for over fifteen years and is well known for being a skilled labour ward practitioner. Her aim is to help women achieve the type of delivery which is tailored to their wants and needs. With her holistic approach and knowledge of both low risk and high risk conditions she is able to provide this for all women. In her NHS role she is the lead for postnatal care understanding the birth journey doesn’t stop at delivery and support in this period can be crucial. She is also the lead for Quality and Safety in Maternity at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust and is principled on the importance of safe practice. She also provides a comprehensive service in gynaecology with expertise in early pregnancy and ambulatory gynaecology scanning. She understands the busy schedules women have and is able to fit most procedures into the office setting if required.
In her gynaecology practice, Dr Joash is also proficient at outpatient hysteroscopy and performs gynaecology and early pregnancy scans. She is skilled in the management of menstrual disorders, hormonal disturbances, pre-menstrual disorders and fibroids. Her passion for excellence in medical education led to her appointment as the divisional director for Education women’s and children’s at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust. Her qualifications include BSc (Hons), MSc, MBBS, MRCOG and PGCert in Leadership.
She has led on several quality improvement projects in Imperial including the Baby box trial, which received national acclaim.
Dr Karen Joash Obstetrics expertise:
- Pre-Pregnancy Advice And Planning
- General Obstetrics And Pregnancy Care
- High Risk Pregnancy Care
- Early Pregnancy Scanning And Management
- Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Reproductive Endocrinology
- Family Planning
- Perinatal Mental Health Interventions
- Breastfeeding Support
- Mental Strength and Exercise Classes.
- Midwife & Home Midwifery Services
Dr Karen Joash Gynaecology expertise:
- Gynaecology Scanning And Management
- Gynaecological Examination
- Well Woman Checks
- HPV Vaccination And Cervical Smear Test
- Perineal Refashioning After Childbirth
- Fertility Screening
- Hysteroscopy And Day Case Procedures
- Uterine Surgery Including Fibroids
- Fibroids, Menstrual Disorders And Pelvic Pain
Specialty & Clinical Interests
Dr Karen Joash is a passionate innovator, dedicated to providing and developing the best service for patients and helping mothers have the their desired birth experience. She has outstanding clinical leadership skills with a track record in leading change and progression.
- Team player and leader in enhancing systems.
- Experienced in running High Risk Labour Ward, Obstetrics and Maternal Medicine service.
- In depth knowledge of the perinatal psychiatric pathway and management of patients. Obstetric guidelines lead with involvement in CNST.
- Major Gynaecological operating skills.
- Skilled in ambulatory gynaecology including outpatient hysteroscopy, early pregnancy and emergency gynaecological scanning.
- Educator and North West Thames Specialty Lead and Programme Director at Imperial Lead Provider, overseeing training in 7 hospitals.
- Experience in Quality visits with Shared services (formerly known as the London deanery) to look at patient safety and quality of education
- More than 10 years of experience
- Director of Medical Education at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust (August 2015 – present)
- Consultant in obstetrics and gynaecology at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust (April 2014 – present)
- Consultant in obstetrics and gynaecology at The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (April 2011 – April 2014)
Education & Medical Training
- The Open University Postgraduate certificate, Healthcare leadership, Merit (2014 – 2015)
- Stanmore business college Leadership and management (2010 – 2010)
- Imperial College London Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), Medicine (1996 – 2001)
- Brunel University Master of Science (MS), Medical biochemistry (1994 – 1995)
- King’s College London, U. of London Bachelor of Science (BS), Biochemistry (1991 – 1994)
Personal Contact & Clinical Information
ObsGynae Healthcare UK, 8 Second Cross, Twickenham TW2 5RF, United Kingdom
+44 203 291 1981
+44 203 291 1981